The Director of LTL Sales is responsible for growing business levels and selling to targeted commercial organizations nationwide. The candidate must be able to develop a national sales plan, formulate sales call strategies and execute relevant activities to drive net new revenue growth.
- Build and strengthen business relationships with potential and existing customers for the purpose of promoting R2 Logistics services.
- Develop a territory plan focusing on LTL solution sales, sales call strategy and qualified list of prospects nationwide.
- Oversee a team of LTL Sales Representatives; hiring, delivering performance reviews, and setting expectations.
- Establish and maintain contact and effective communication at all levels of strategic accounts and leverage internal resources to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Partner with internal executive management, operations, development and sales management teams to establish and implement best practices.
- Work closely with internal partners and available resources to present and sell all lines of logistics solutions focusing on LTL.
- Accurately forecast opportunities and bookings, specific product revenue, and new opportunities on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Champion client programs and drive initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of leadership and sales experience in LTL solutions required.
- Executive selling experience that reflects drive and self-motivation with a high level of detail orientation.
- Proven ability to innately recognize mutual value opportunities ensuring customer value and revenue generation for the company.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others at all levels within the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including board room caliber presentation skills.
About R2 Logistics
- Medical/Dental/Vision Life insurance
- Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for internal career advancement
Founded in 2007, R2 Logistics has thrived through the dedication and tenacity of our employees. We have become an industry leader through providing unparalleled customer service, based on a ‘strive to win’ competitive mentality.
As a third-party logistics (3PL) company, we provide our customers access to over 50,000 contracted transportation providers. With no trucks of our own, we contract asset-based transportation companies to provide the equipment needed to move hundreds of daily shipments for our customers.